Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Wimbledon_Java_game


 The Wimbledon 2008 mobile game is simply amazing! Whether you love tennis or not, you should try this Java mobile game from Gameloft. From the graphics to the playability of the game, I just love it.

From the splash screen to the main screen, the graphics are great. I been playing the Java mobile game for a while and its great. You can play a game of exhibition or the Wimbledon 2008 tournament as one of the great players of tennis.

In the exhibition mode, the Wimbledon 2008 mobile game let’s you choose players. You can play either a singles or doubles tennis game. The doubles game actually got me curious as to how well the computer will be able to play with a human on a doubles match. And I was quite impressed that it did very well.

I enjoy watching tennis tournaments and play tennis on occassions but I have to admit that I was a bit of a skeptic to try out this game. I mean, how would you do a slice or even a smash on a tennis game on a mobile phone? When I got a copy of the Wimbledon 2008 mobile game, I was actually surprised at the level of game immersion that it provides. You can actually play tennis on your mobile phone and do your smash, slice and even ace your serves. This is such a great game which I intend to play some more.

You can even track your statistics and play the “Wimbledon 2008″ tournament. The mobile game offers several levels of difficulties from a novice to an experienced player so you don’t need to worry about “playing against the world’s best tennis players”.

Game play details are also great! Aside from being able to play singles or doubles under a certain level of difficulty, you can choose the number tennis games per set and the number of sets per match. In addition you can choose from a grass, clay or synthetic court. During the match, the mobile game will even inform you of the speed of the ball of your serve and statistics such as number of aces and double faults is just a keystroke on your mobile phone.

When you select a tennis player, you will even find information about the player such as his country, height, weight and playing style. While waiting for the game to load, you can read about bits of tennis trivia. Did you know that Martina Navratilova has won a lot of Wimbledon tournaments?

I really enjoy playing this mobile game. You should try it. If you’re a tennis enthusiast, I hope you don’t pass on the opportunity of playing the Wimbledon 2008 mobile game.

Download for US users only.

Download for All.